Las Vegas, commonly known as the Sin City, also known as the casino capital of the world, are all familiar names it has earned over the years. And like the famous saying goes, “what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas”, is a popular phrase that will always ring in our heads whenever we think about this legendary city. Vegas is truly one of a kind, and is the #1 casino destination for gamblers from all walks of life, but even if you’re not into casino games, you’re still gonna have a great time as the city is full of non-stop entertainment.
To give you an idea of how many people visit each year, there was a study done in 2007 by the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority which found that about 40 million people visited that year, and that each of them spent somewhere around $1,000. That’s around $40 billion that came from tourism alone and has a population of close to 650,000 people. This is amazing, and goes to show how a city in the middle of the desert can still be one of the top tourist destinations.
Curious to know how many slot machines in Vegas? Continue reading to find out! We’ll also be discussing some other fun facts as well as what some of the best slot machines are.
10 Fun Facts About Las Vegas
Below we’ve made a list of 10 fun facts about Las Vegas that we think are very interesting and that you’ll be quite surprised to learn about.
- To answer the previous question about how many slot machines are in Vegas, well, it’s hard to give an exact number, but there’s somewhere close to 200,000.
- It wasn’t until May 15th 1905 when the city of Vegas was officially founded, however it didn’t take long for the city to make a name for itself and become known to people worldwide.
- In the year 1910 the state of Nevada made a decision to make gambling illegal, however it wasn’t until years later when the state realized it would be profitable for local business and decided to make it legal in 1931.
- Following the legalization of gambling, the very first casino was built that year on Highway 91, however it wasn’t until 1941 when the Strip opened the first casino called the El Rancho Vegas. Unfortunately, that hotel is no longer around as it was burnt down by a fire in 1960.
- Today, there are around 45 casinos located in the Vegas strip area and well over 300 in the entire state of Nevada, in comparison to over 500 which are located in the entire U.S.
- Here’s a fun and interesting fact, did you know when looking down from outer space the brightest place on earth is Las Vegas? Pretty Amazing.
- From the top 25 hotels that exist in the world, believe it or not, 15 of them are located in the Sin City.
- The most money anyone has ever won from a slot machine at the Excalibur was a whopping $39 million. The person who won was only 25 years old and risked only $100 to win this amount.
- Elvis Presley, also known as the King of Rock n’ Roll performed over 800 shows consecutively with each one being sold out.
- Thinking about getting married in Vegas anytime soon? If so, you may want to plan ahead because Vegas is the #1 destination to get married in the U.S. with over 300 weddings each day.
Best Slot Machine to Play in Vegas
Spending time trying to figure out what the best slot machine to play in Vegas is can be a daunting task, however it doesn’t have to be this way. You just need to be familiar with all the different machine types. Once you have a better understanding of all the machine types, such 5-reels, 3-reels, classic slots, video slots, penny slots, etc. You will then need to decide on a game’s theme to see which kind are the most appealing to you, such as the art style and music. For example, maybe you were a Pink Panther fan growing up, if so, then you should definitely try out all the Pink Panther themed games. Or maybe you’re just a big animal lover in general, in that case, you shouldn’t have a hard time locating all the various animal themed games. Once you have found a slot that catches your eye, you should check out the paytable to look over the rules and see what kind of features it offers. Some of the most popular ones are bonus games, personal/progressive jackpots and wild symbols.
But before you go running off to Vegas to play for real money, be sure to give all our state-of-the-art free slot machines a try, for free! Not only will you be able to save a lot of money, but you’ll be able to get a lot of practice, and be able to carry all our games in one convenient application. With crisp graphics, sounds and endless amounts of entertainment, Caesars Casino online is truly a one-stop shop for all your slot machine needs.