poker game video bonus

Double Double Bonus Video Poker: Rules & Tips

Double Double Bonus Poker is twice the fun with bigger bonuses on winning combinations of cards. Otherwise known as DDB, this iconic video poker game is packed with feature-rich entertainment. It ranks alongside other top video poker titles like Jacks or Better, Tens or Better, and Aces & Faces as a top selection for video poker fans. This game is noted for its mega-money payouts and dry spells. For many players, this video poker game really is hit or miss. What’s particularly exciting about this variant of 5-card draw video poker are the payouts you will receive when you land 4 of a Kind.

Double Double Bonus Poker Pay Tables are different to all other variants of the game. For starters, this is what you can expect when you start analyzing hand payout combinations for the 9/5 variant of the game.
• A Royal Flush pays a maximum of 4,000
• A Straight Flush pays a maximum of 250
• 4 x Aces with any 2-3-4 cards pays a maximum of 2,000
• 4 x 2-3-4 with any Ace-2-3-4 pays 800
• 4 x Aces pay 800
• 4 x 2-3-4s pay 400
• 4 x 5 ->Kings pay 250
• A Full House pays 45
• A Flush pays 25
• A Straight pays 20
• 3 of a Kind pays 15
• 2 Pair pays five
• Jacks or Better pays 5

Rules & Tips for Double Double Bonus Poker

There are different variants of Double Double Bonus Poker, including 10/5, 9/6, 9/5, 8/5, 7/5, and 6/5 variants of the game. In all instances, the highest paying hand is the Royal Flush. The reason for this is that there are a limited number of combinations that can land a Royal Flush, and the probability of it occurring is insignificant compared to other winning hands. For example, on a standard 9/5 Double Double Bonus Poker game, the probability (1 represents 100% probability) of hitting top hand combinations is as follows:
• A Royal Flush – 0.000025
• A Straight Flush – 0.000106
• 4 x Aces with any 2-3-4 cards – 0.000062
• 4 x 2-3-4 with any Ace-2-3-4 – 0.000143
• A Flush – 0.010975
• A Straight – 0.012780
• 3 of a Kind – 0.075381
• 2 Pair – 0.123244
• Jacks or Better – 0.212383
These are examples of the video poker probabilities you can expect when playing 9/5 Double Double Bonus Poker games. The higher the probability, the greater the likelihood of that hand combination forming. There is a 55.18% chance of not forming any hand in this video poker variant, meaning that you have a 44.82% chance of forming a ranking hand. When you’re playing the 9/5 variant of Double Double Bonus Poker, you can enjoy an RTP (Return to Player) of 97.87%.

What Do Winning Combinations Look like in Double Double Bonus Video Poker?

• A Royal Flush – 10, Jack, Queen, King and Ace of the same suit
• A Straight Flush – A Straight of the same suit in sequence
• 4 of a Kind – 4 cards of the same rank such as 5 of diamonds, 5 of hearts, 5 of spades, 5 of clubs.
• Full House – this includes a pair and 3 of a Kind such as 2 of hearts, 2 of diamonds, and King of hearts, King of spades, and King of clubs.
• A Flush – A Flush contains 5 cards of the same suit. An example could be 2, 5, King, Jack, 7 of hearts.
• A Straight – this is simply 5 cards in sequential order
• 3 of a Kind – this is simply 3 cards of the same rank such as 4 of hearts, 4 of diamonds, 4 of spades
• 2 Pair – this is simply 2 pairs of different ranks, such as King of hearts, King of spades, and Ace of hearts, and Ace of diamonds, plus one additional card.

What Is the Best Double Double Bonus Poker Strategy?

Double Double Bonus Video Poker is a strategy-based card game played against the dealer. In this game, the dealer is a computer and not a live dealer. The game is played with a standard deck of cards (52 cards) and 5 cards are dealt to the player. The player must decide which cards to hold by simply clicking on each card in turn. Once a card has been clicked, a hold banner will be displayed. While you are deciding which cards to hold, and which cards to discard, you can select or unselect cards at your leisure. The best Double Double Bonus Poker strategy is always the simplest strategy – just follow the rules.

How to Play Double Double Bonus Video Poker

Players can hold 0 cards – 5 cards, depending on the strength of your hand. Once you’re ready, click the draw button to have the discarded cards replaced with fresh cards. In Double Double Bonus Poker, you can only re-draw once. After you have selected cards to hold, the deck will be shuffled, and new cards will be drawn. Your goal in all cases is to form the strongest possible 5 card hand. This video poker variant is similar to Jacks or Better, except that it has much higher payouts for specific hand combinations. These include the following hands:
• Four of a Kind – Aces with 2, 3, or 4
• Four of a Kind – 2’s,3’s,4’s with Aces, 2, 3 or 4
• Four of a Kind – Aces
• Four of a Kind – 2’s, 3’s, 4’s
• Four of a Kind – 5’s – Kings

Watch Out for the Kickers in Double Double Bonus Poker

This game is similar to Double Bonus Poker, except for the additional reward for the kickers – these are the fifth cards when you land Four of a Kind winning hands. Casinos offer lower payouts for low-level winning combos, to compensate for the higher payouts with the kickers. Players typically land Four of a Kind hands every 400 hands, however the odds of winning Four of a Kind Aces with 2-3-4 kicker is 1: 16,000. As a rule, players are advised to hold pairs of Aces, 2s, 3s, and even 4s.
Experts recommend that players always hold 4 cards to Flush, and 3/4 cards to a Royal Flush. If you have an outside straight, always keep 4 cards, with 1+ high cards. Players with a low pair should discard the other 3 cards in the hand and draw 3 new cards. If you find yourself without even a pair on your first draw, there are specific rules of play:
• Keep Low Pairs
• Keep 4 Cards to Flush
• Keep 2 Unsuited High Cards
• Keep Four Cards to a Royal Flush
• Keep High Pairs like Jacks or Better
• Keep 3 of a Kind, a Full House, a Flush, and a Straight
• Keep the Following Suited High Cards: Jack/10, Queen/10, King/10

This Double Double Bonus Poker Strategy guide will serve you well while you’re learning the ropes in this casino card game.

And if you would like to try not poker experience we invite you to visit that offers plenty of free slot games.

Go back